Aquarium’s Butterfly Koi

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aquarium’s Butterfly Koi

The forum that is for Butterfly Koi owners who enjoy the beauty of the Butterfly Koi but raise them in aquariums instead of ponds

Keywords

Latest topics

» Butterfly Koi: Combating Cloudy Water
The Purpose of  the "Aquarium’s Butterfly Koi ' Forum EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 12:31 am by Admin

» The Purpose of the "Aquarium’s Butterfly Koi ' Forum
The Purpose of  the "Aquarium’s Butterfly Koi ' Forum EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 11:09 pm by Admin

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Affiliates

free forum

Similar topics

The Purpose of the "Aquarium’s Butterfly Koi ' Forum

Admin
      Admin
      Admin

The Purpose of  the "Aquarium’s Butterfly Koi ' Forum Empty The Purpose of the "Aquarium’s Butterfly Koi ' Forum

Post by Admin Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:09 pm

Welcome to the Aquarium’s Butterfly Koi Forum:bounce: 

This forum is dedicated to those of us who love a little danger and love Butterfly Koi too. The prime focus of this forum is the care of Butterfly Koi fish in indoor aquariums of various sizes. Yes, I said, “aquariums”, and I know that most commercial aquarists or home aquarists will snap out, "The Butterfly Koi is pond fish needs 1000 gallons of water or more.” Rightly so, if you are a breeder or a fish keeper a half dozen of more of them, then a pond is the best choice for you. However, this site is for Butterfly Koi owners with 1-3 of the fish that are living in well-filtered large aquariums (55-125 gallons).

Though, not true cold water fish, the care of Butterfly Koi is similar to that of Goldfish. After all, the Butterfly Koi is hybrid of the wild Indonesian Longfin River carp and the traditional koi fish, and they can grow to become 24 -36 inches long:D .

However, in term of living arrangement's, why let size daunt you. I mean, all commercial and domestic  fish start out as small fry in indoor aquariums. So, why not keep them indoors. It only requires a bit more time in terms of care, a larger tank, and perfecting the filtration system. For like Goldfish, Butterfly Koi produces a great deal of waste.

Do I think it can be done successfully? Why yes. Do I think it have been done successfully. Why Yes! I am sure that many of you are doing.

Therefore, come on out of the closet,  if you are Butterfly Koi crazy like me, here is you chance to post you pictures, videos and share your knowledge of success, and like it or not, your failures (we will all cheer and weep together).

Now is time for aquarium -raised Butterfly Koi owners speak out and prove the impossible is possible.cheers 

Your Admin
      22:04:22

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:23 pm